This text focuses on the Fundamentals of Memory Component Test using ATE. It is intended for use by Test, Product and Applications Engineers. The material addresses the issues of algorithmic patterns and their use for fault detection within memory devices.
The ability of each unique pattern to detect Specific Fault Types and the advantages and disadvantages associated with each pattern are discussed.To simplify the complexities associated with various Algorithmic Test Patterns, a Static RAM is used as the primary test circuit, the concepts presented however apply to many types of memory devices.
The following information accompanies the explanation of each algorithmic pattern:
- A flow chart
- Sample code used to generate the pattern.
- Graphics to illustrate the relationship between address and data.
- The unique fault coverage.
- A formula for calculating the pattern’s execution time.
- The Architecture and Performance Specifications of a typical Memory Test System are presented, including the following subjects.
- Topological scrambling (address and data).
- Error catch (as used for Bitmaps and Redundancy Repair and Analysis).
- Clocked high voltage levels – VIHH & VBUMP.
- Stored patterns – the memory version of vectors.
- Timers and their use.
- Parallel test.
A file of animated graphics is also included to illustrate the relationship of data vs. address. These illustrations provide a visual reference to help you understand the pattern sequences at the most fundamental level.
Embedded memories are now included in a growing number of digital and mixed signal devices. The pattern information contained in this text is designed to jump start your understanding of memory test, and provide a fundamental understanding of pattern functionality.
Books in PDF format and associated software are available for immediate download via this website. PDF books are in color, printable and searchable. They are priced at $139.00 US.
– purchasing is via PayPal.
– owner of PayPal account and book needs to be identical!
– after purchasing the download is available for 48 hours only!
To order printed books please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Printed books are priced at $189.00 US plus shipping. Printed books are not in color.